USES OF PREFABRICATION
1. The most widely used form of prefabrication building and civil engineering is the use of prefabrication concrete & prefabricated steel sections in structures where a particular part or form is repeated many times.
2. Pouring concrete sections in a factory brings the advantages of being able to re-use moulds and the concrete can be mixed on the spot without having to be transported to and pumped wet on a congested construction site.
3. Prefabricating steel sections reduces on-site cutting and welding costs as well as the associated hazards.
4. Prefabrication techniques are used in the construction of apartment blocks and housing developments with repeated housing units.
5. The technique is also used in office blocks, warehouses and factory buildings. 6. Prefabricated steel and glass section are widely used for the exterior of large buildings.
7. Prefabricated bridge elements and systems offer bridge designers & contractors significant advantages in terms of construction time safety environmental impact constructability and cost.
8. Prefabrication can also help minimize the impact on transfer from bridge building.
9. Radio towers for mobile phone and other services often consist of multiple prefabricated sections.
10. Prefabricated has become widely used in the assembly of aircraft and space craft with component such as wings and fuselage section